Friday, March 4, 2011

MYTPI Dr.Greg Rose & Dave Phillips

This is the TPI presentation on the body/swing connection at the 2011 PGA Golf show
Great information and knowledge of the body / swing connection by the co -founders of the Titleist Performance Institute.





I have worked with the TPI system for the past 5 years. I have to say it has helped my coaching and understanding of the body/swing connection more than any other learning source.

I would recommend all players search out a Qualified TPI fitness professional and start learning about what your body is capable of doing.

Andy

4 comments:

  1. I can only agree. I have worked with TPI since 2007 and it has only affected not only my teaching but ME in a positive manner.

    Steven

    ReplyDelete
  2. thanks for that Andy... half way through and really enjoying... good stuff.

    Rob

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gregs a smart guy about the body I just have some trouble with what he is saying about some of this stuff. The Stable/mobile thing.The hips in some great players swings looked a lot more mobile than stable as did their right knee. I'm not talking old time players that swung the COG inside the feet either. Although that is what many of them did with a more fixed or stable shoulder center. I also have to say Greg is wrong about Faldo He is flexed forward and rotated, but he is not tilted left. If he was he would have a much steeper shoulder tilt and his spine would look more vertical. Faldo has not extended in his spine, he is flexed forward and rotated. That is why his spine is in the same spot as address. If Faldo had tilted left and rotated as Greg says. His spine would be perpendicular to the ground. His belt buckel would be more in line with his shoulder center at the top of the swing. Faldos shoulder center has moved past his hip center to the right. Greg might as well have said. Faldo's tilted left flexed forward and rotated right out of tilted left.Greg is a brillant guy and this stuff is very helpful. Thanks I guess this tells me that the swing model they are looking at is more of the conventional style. Most of the info is still very useful thanks again for sharing it with us.

    ReplyDelete